A number of preschool names featured in the 25 Hero Toys unveiled by the BTHA during Toy Fair at London’s Olympia earlier this week.
The 25 Hero Toys for 2023 were all selected by a panel of industry experts and are based on informed predictions for this year’s trends.
Several of the winning toys are based on characters which reigned during the 1980s like Elmo, Barbie, Sylvanian Families and Wallace and Gromit, as nostalgia looks set to be a strong theme this year.
“This year’s Toy Fair’s Hero Toys are bigger and better than ever. We received over 250 product entries – the greatest number of entries we have ever had – and the competition was very strong,” commented Rebecca Deeming, communications and events manager at the BTHA. “We are confident that our winners perfectly encompass the wide-ranging categories of toys on display at Toy Fair and they represent everything our industry is about: ensuring every childhood is filled with play.”
Preschool toys in the listing included:
- Bluey Wooden BBQ and Salad Set, 8th Wonder
- Sesame Street Potty Time Elmo, Just Play
- Woodland Animal Balancing Game, Orange Tree Toys
- City Life Ambulance with Lights and Sound, Playmobil
- Design & Drill Rivet Pop Workshop, Learning Resources
- Barber Shop Play-set, Melissa & Doug
- Taf Toys Urban Garden in Car Activity Centre, Halilit
- Paddington’s Tea Set, Rainbow Designs (pictured)