Join the tonies® family
We are tonies® – the largest interactive audio platform for kids in the world. We are on a mission to bring the magic of stories to children, without a screen in sight. So far we have sold more than 3.7 million Tonieboxes and 44 million Tonie figurines worldwide – and this is just the beginning of our journey. We’re fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up – think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy and growth – along with the resources and stability that comes with being a publicly listed company. We have built an exceptional team in the UK. Our team members joined us from Universal, CBeebies, Boots, Tangle Teezer, etc. With triple-digit growth rates, we are expanding fast and looking for fantastic talent to join our amazing team in London.
We need you!
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Portfolio Manager to expand our product portfolio, including Tonies, Accessories, and content. Working closely with the UK Portfolio team, the Global Product team, and your international counterparts, you will help to shape the future of the product roadmap for tonies. You will be joining an amazing team in a high-performing, fast growing business. The role is available asap and you’ll be reporting into our Head of Portfolio UK/IE.
What you’ll be doing:
- Project management & portfolio planning: you will plan our multi-product portfolio in accordance with our strategic plans and long-term product roadmap, as well as lead exciting cross-team/market projects with multiple stakeholders to launch new products that contribute to the company’s growth goals
- Product development: you will lead on the development of new products such as Accessories, working closely with other members of the UK team, Global Product teams, and your international counterparts, to expand our product portfolio. You’ll also input into the development of all Tonie figurines, supporting the Junior Portfolio Manager where necessary
- Account management: manage the acquisition of new partners, prepare business proposals, pitch new licensors, and negotiate deal terms. Support the Junior Portfolio Manager in day-to-day relationships with licensors
- Bring new ideas to the table and think big! You’re encouraged to bring new partners, content and product ideas to the team and execute against these
- Use research, data and consumer insights to inform all aspects of your work. Regularly review product performance & share key insights with the wider team
- Be the source of all knowledge for our product portfolio: share key information with the teams and act as the product ambassador to the rest of the UK team
Are you our perfect new colleague?
- You have experience in product management or licensing, ideally in the toy, audio or publishing field
- You are excited by kids books & entertainment, with a strong knowledge of what brands make great product
- You have strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, and to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency
- You have experience dealing with senior stakeholders and ideally have worked on cross-market projects
- You are able to think creatively, and you are excited to play a big part in the development of a brand new product category
- You’re collaborative, flexible and willing to ‘roll up your sleeves’ – working as part of a small team excites you!
- You’re positive, solutions focussed, and self-motivated
- You take pride in doing great work, providing high levels of service, and building great relationships with everyone locally and globally
- You are excited by data and can read numbers in an analytical way that helps you and your team to make decisions
- You are a people person and you are not afraid to speak up to share ideas or opinions, shout out about achievements, or challenge the status quo
What do we offer you?
- The chance to seriously influence the product roadmap for a fast-growing company with a proven business model
- Become part of a close-knit team with a fun-packed social calendar. From karaoke to go-karting we have done it all.
- Hybrid working: we have a mixed model of office and home working. You can WFH 3 days a week. For up to 4 weeks per year, you can also choose to work from abroad.
- Base holiday: 30 days (+ bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance, additional pension contribution, advanced maternity leave and well-being perks covered by us
- Company cycle to work scheme – big discounts and spread the cost of a new bike.
- Good coffee, free breakfast and snacks in our new Holborn office – what’s not to like?
- … and so much more
We hear you thinking, what to do if I’m interested?
As soon as we have received your CV and cover letter, and see a match, we will schedule a call with you for a quick introduction. If all of us would like to proceed, you will meet some more members of the local and global team. We will schedule the interviews one after the other quickly, in order to let you know as fast as possible if you can start at tonies® UK!
tonies® is committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer and we welcome applications from all sections of society. We believe in the potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, social background, age, nationality, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or whatever difference that makes you you.