Acamar Films is an award-winning Television and Production company with a growing international mission to create iconic content. The company is privately owned and is experiencing rapid expansion, primarily due to the success of its CBeebies hit project, Bing.
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining Acamar films, which has an excellent track record of success, including a new series with the BBC, App launch, and a growing Digital and Consumer Products presence across the globe. As we continue to successfully professionalize, digitize and globalize, our audience remains at the heart of everything we do.
Purpose of the Role
Acamar Films is looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Manager to join their growing team. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, the role sits at the heart of the company to support the development and growth of the Emmy Award-winning and BAFTA nominated pre-school property, Bing.
The Senior Marketing Manager will act as a guardian for the Bing IP and will lead both consumer and trade marketing & PR in the UK. The role works closely with internal teams including licensing, content distribution, digital/social, product development, partnership & experiential, production and design, as well as licensees, retailers and external agencies to drive awareness and increase revenues.
You will be a commercially minded strategic thinker with executional expertise and be passionate about bringing children and family brands to consumers across multiple touchpoints.
We are looking for someone personable who is a strong communicator; both a team player with lots of enthusiasm and someone who can work autonomously. Most importantly we are looking for an individual who wants to work in an ever-evolving creative and collaborative environment and possesses the tenacity to make things happen in a complex start-up environment.
- Develop and manage the rollout of the UK Bing IP strategy, collaborating with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for planning, delivering and executing annual consumer PR & marketing plans to increase Bing awareness and create consumer appetite. Liaison with social/content team to align on strategy and tactics, ensure message consistency and amplification
- Work closely with key licensing partners to identify opportunities to increase Bing awareness, affinity and revenues
- Management of retail programmes and retail marketing activations including e- commerce. Build robust relationships with retail buyers and marketing teams. Produce a UK retail calendar capturing retailer-led promotional and marketing campaigns to inform retail strategy. Expand Bing’s presence at retail in line with strategy and drive sell-through. Support L&M team with pitching process
- Manage communications to trade partners, licensees and retailers including newsletters, workshops and licensee days
- Instigate and execute cross-promotional opportunities between partners to maximise sell-through, gain listings and expand reach
- Appoint and manage marketing & PR agencies as required
- Work closely with content partners to create promotional opportunities
- Closely monitor Bing IP health, competitive landscape, trends and market information in the UK and report findings to the wider business. Analyse Bing IP/ trend tracker and present findings to internal teams.
- Build relationships with key live events and attractions licensees, identify opportunities to enhance Bing’s presence throughout the year
- Manage existing marketing partnerships, identify new opportunities and execute
- Management of trade PR & events in the UK including press releases/editorial and relevant awards (identification of relevant awards, submission, attendance and sponsorship) and advertising buys
- Work closely with the design team, briefing in creative for internal and external purposes
- Track UK budget spend, reporting updates to the Head of Marketing and Marketing Director
- Provide guidance and direction to more junior staff when required
Essential Skills and Experience
- CIM Qualification or equivalent marketing degree or commensurate experience
- Solid experience in the entertainment industry across content and licensing
- Demonstrable experience of working within a business targeting children and families
- Solid experience in both Trade and Consumer marketing & PR
- Knowledge and experience of working with retail – traditional and ecommerce, including scoping and creating promotional overlays and in-store activity
- Event management experience
- Demonstrable understanding of the issues relating to the buying and selling of entertainment intellectual property rights
- Proven experience of agency management skills and creative accountability
- Ability to gain and interpret feedback from the sales force and develop and share commercial insights in order to create marketing and communications activity
- Hands-on experience of writing selling and marketing copy
- Excellent Powerpoint or Keynote skills
- Experience of budget planning and tracking costs effectively
- Intellectual rigour and creative flair
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder, natural diplomat
- Ability to be flexible in creative approach when role requires and to use own initiative
- Cultural sensitivity
- The enthusiasm and drive to push forward ideas and champion Acamar Films and Bing
- Proven ability to organise and manage a heavy workload and juggle priorities effectively
- Most importantly, the most qualified candidate will be strongly aligned with Acamar core values, which include: Collaboration, creativity, curiosity, courage, diversity, kindness, leadership and integrity.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working on a pre-school brand
- Experience of working in a high-growth team or startup
- A thorough and detailed knowledge of Bing, its ethos and content of each of the 104 episodes
- The role reports to the Head of Marketing
- The role is full time, and office based (Camden, London.) Some UK based travel may be required.