About the job:
Halilit are suppliers of award-winning, high-quality baby and pre-school toys. Our customers include independent retailers in addition to mail-order, online, and national businesses such as John Lewis, Jojo Maman Bebe, Amazon and Costco.
When you join Halilit, you will become part of a well-established toy distribution company with ambitious plans and as such you can look forward to working with a small yet enthusiastic team of talented colleagues with a shared passion for quality, service and most importantly toys that enrich the lives of children and their families.
About the role:
We are looking for a proactive Key Account Manager to service a variety of existing retail accounts, including independent toy and gift shops, garden centres, nursery stores and educational suppliers whilst also seeking out and developing new business opportunities to drive further growth. The successful candidate will take responsibility for incoming new business enquiries, obtaining leads from trade shows and will be expected to conduct independent research to keep current with market conditions and trends in addition to assisting with overall business development.
Duties around this position:
- Develop and maintain relationships with dedicated accounts through regular communication, providing relevant product updates and upselling where appropriate
- Take responsibility for the company’s educational accounts and develop these in line with company growth plans
- Conduct regular visits to designated accounts to develop relationships and to present Halilit ranges to buying teams
- Be the primary point of contact for incoming customer queries
- Identify new markets and business opportunities through research and analysis
- Secure new customers by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects and presenting relevant product ranges
- Assist the National Account Manager with strategic company accounts where required
- Work closely with the logistics teams to ensure customers are informed of product launches in a timely manner, and to ensure that customer forecasts are catered for in stock planning.
- Participate in marketing events to include trade & consumer exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Utilise and keep our CRM system accurately updated
We are looking for somebody confident and tenacious who is able to maximise opportunities whilst also developing relationships with our existing customer base. It is essential to have excellent communication and people skills as the role will involve written, verbal and face to face presentations to both existing and potential customers. A positive and enthusiastic nature is also key for this role, and the ideal candidate will be both driven and self-motivated to drive results. B2B sales experience is essential, ideally within the toy, nursery or gift sectors however all industries will be considered.