Games Workshop is the world’s most successful hobby miniatures company and one of the largest FTSE 250 public companies with a market valuation of ~£3.5bn. It sells its products in over 50 countries in more than 530 wholly owned stores, direct on the internet, and through over 4700 independent retailers. It’s seminal Warhammer® worlds have been a staple of popular gaming and hobby culture for over 35 years and have been realised in products as diverse as miniature models, table top and video games, vinyl collectibles, action figures, comics and apparel, with many more yet to come. Its licensing department has c 90 licensees across the globe and is now looking to rapidly expand the Warhammer brand into many new markets including entertainment media.
We are looking for a senior level Head of Licensed Product Marketing to help develop and deliver our strategy of building Warhammer into a global multi market IP franchise. Our ambitions are enormous and our long term strategic goal is to ensure Warhammer as one of the top fantasy IP’s in the world. This is a pivotal role where you will take accountability for driving that reach and building our royalty income through world class marketing of our many licensed products working in concert with our licensees marketing functions and Games Workshops internal marketing department. You will be the key driver of increasing sales of all licensed products across all franchises and markets.
- Develop, establish and implement marketing and communication plans for all Warhammer licensed products globally, B2B and B2C
- Promote and build Warhammer as a brand in all markets
- Drive and harmonise licensee marketing around key franchises, ensuring maximum return in all channels , Games Workshop owned and external.
- Manage coverage and conversation about Warhammer in the media, video game and consumer products spaces.
- Organise and manage events and cross market promotions
- Commission and manage market research as required
- Be a spokesperson for Warhammer in licensed product market channels
- Coordinate and plan whole brand promotions and pitches for key retailers
The Person Will Be
- Possessed of finely tuned commercial acumen, instincts and drive – constantly looking for the best way to maximise impact and financial return
- Outstanding at communicating in a convincing way. Able to articulate the quality and value of Warhammer to anyone, in any market, at any time.
- Strong at building their market awareness – knowing where and who to go to for information
- Credible – engendering respect from all the people they interact with.
- Ambitious – hungry to drive growth in an already wildly successful business
- Collaborative – passionate about being brand and company faithful, understanding the value of being a team player in the quest to grow the brand
The Person Will Have
- A proven track record of growing brands, ideally from the gaming or fantasy/scifi genre media space
- A network of PR and press contacts in media , video game and/or licensing industry
- Extensive experience in marketing ideally within the media or video game industry. IP based marketing and/or commercial B2B sales experience
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Applications must be received by midnight, Sunday 6th December 2020.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for. Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.
When you’re ready, please click HERE to apply.