Games Workshop is the world’s most successful hobby miniatures company and one of the largest FTSE 250 public companies with a market valuation of ~£3.5bn. It sells its products in over 50 countries in more than 530 wholly owned stores, direct on the internet, and through over 4700 independent retailers. It’s seminal Warhammer® worlds have been a staple of popular gaming and hobby culture for over 35 years and have been realised in products as diverse as miniature models, table top and video games, vinyl collectibles, action figures, comics and apparel, with many more yet to come. Its licensing department has c 90 licensees across the globe and is now looking to rapidly expand the Warhammer brand into many new markets including entertainment media.
We are looking for a senior level Head of Entertainment Content Licensing to help develop and deliver our strategy of building Warhammer into a global multi market IP franchise. Our ambitions are enormous and our long term strategic goal is to ensure Warhammer is one of the top fantasy IP’s in the world. This is a pivotal role where you will take accountability for driving that reach and building our royalty income through navigating and managing new strategic partnerships with top tier companies and individuals in the entertainment industry . You will also develop key franchises that focus on interpretations of the IP tailored to the entertainment market.
- Identifying and developing opportunities to make Games Workshop IP media products with professional companies globally
- Strategically manage entertainment partnerships worldwide to deliver substantial returns
- Be accountable for developing franchise IP’s with the creative team for media across all product and genre types.
- Building a network of contacts for Games Workshop across the entertainment industry.
- Negotiation of commercial terms with potential partners
- Assessing the financial viability of all projects , doing due diligence on prospective partners
- Work within the licensing senior management team to ensure broad application of franchises across other markets to generate further commercial return
- Provide expertise on market trends and provide insights with commissioners, funders and markets.
The Person Will Be
- An outstanding communicator and strategic thinker, capable of articulating the power and applicability of the Warhammer brand to an unenlightened audience
- Engaging, compelling and successful at presenting, pitching and negotiating
- Highly self-motivated and energetic – intent on filling their days with productive investigation and development of opportunities
- Passionate about developing top tier entertainment products using a global IP
- Capable of challenging established thinking by providing compelling market knowledge and experience
- Results driven within the context of always aiming for the long term gain.
- Passionate about being brand and company faithful, understands the value of being a team player
- Financially astute with a strong commercial view
The Person Will Have
- A proven track record of finding and developing media deals through contract stage
- A network across the content commissioning and buying ecosystem – from traditional linear broadcasters through to global streamers
- Significant experience of working with companies in a licensing and/or business development capacity
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Applications must be received by midnight, Sunday 6th December 2020.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click HERE to apply.