Title: Field Sales Manager – Independent & Key Account
Fixed Term: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Home Based, Hammersmith once a week and Gosport Operations Office
Reports To: Sales and Marketing Director
Direct Reports: 2 x Territory Sales Manager, 3 x Sales Agents
About Rainbow Designs
This is an exciting opportunity to join “The Home of Classic Characters” Rainbow Designs Ltd, a 50 year old, growing business, working with leading classic brands such as Paddington Bear, Peter Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh, Guess How Much I Love You and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Our range of products covers Soft Toys, Wooden Toys and Gifting and we have an incredibly diverse customer base spanning Toy, Nursery and Gifting Retailers.
The role of Field Sales Manager is to manage the Field Sales Team, to enhance and grow our Independent and Key Account area. The role covers Sales Team management, hands on business development and strategic planning.
The position would suit an individual who is innovative, energetic and has hunger and desire to achieve and make a real difference to the sales performance and performance of a direct team.
Managing all aspects of sales activities within the defined area, covering independent sales and Key Accounts, to achieve ambitious growth plans. The three main areas of responsibility include:
- Management and motivation of Sales Team, currently consisting of 2 employed Territory Managers and 3 Sales Agents
- Working with the Sales and Marketing Director, setting activity and revenue targets for members of the Field Sales team, in line with company objectives.
- Motivating and managing the Field sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Recruitment, continual training and development of all members of the field sales team
- Forecasting alongside the independent sales force
- Business Development
- Identify new business opportunities in independents and Key accounts, especially within the categories of Garden Centres, Nursery Stores, Toy Stores and Visitor Attractions
- Direct ownership of a small territory and some Key customers
- Developing Account plans for existing Key Accounts to deliver growth
- Negotiating terms and prices for key customers
- Attending trade and consumer shows in UK
- Strategic planning
- To work with the Sales and Marketing Director to develop the sales and marketing strategy for this area of business.
- Work with internal & external marketing teams to execute the plan to budget and to achieve targets
- Annually plan and budget innovative retail support plans and initiatives to achieve growth ambitions.
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances
Required Skills and Experience:
- Preferably Toy, Nursery or gift experience in Consumer products
- Experience in a multi-channel retail sales environment
- Experience in managing Territory Sales Managers
- Experience in managing Key Accounts and developing account plans
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Costing and Promotional planning
- Setting Strategic plans
- New business focused and growth orientated
- A good motivator, trainer and have a flexible approach
- Highly organised and deliver good processes
- Excellent computer skills and highly numerate
- Approachable and a great communicator at all levels
- Outstanding team player with an ability to work and build relationships cross function.
If you would like to join our team, please apply by email, confirming why you think you would be perfect for this job along with your CV to email@example.com