Cheeky Chompers are recruiting a Business Development Manager, a key role at an exciting time for the business. We are looking for an experienced Manager to plan and implement a new and innovative sales Strategy to drive global growth. Predominantly this critical role will be responsible for driving continued growth of Cheeky Chompers through UK retailers and overseas distributors in the target markets of UK, USA and China. We are looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm that will be a great team player and has at least 5 years’ experience in a strategic sales role.
Key aspects of the job:
· Plan and implement a new and innovative sales Strategy to drive significant global growth
· Manage a portfolio of existing national overseas distributors, targeted with growing sales through both volume and range of products
· Develop strong relationships with existing and new partners and have clear priorities, targets and forecasts for each market.
· Work with E-commerce Manager and Head of Marketing to agree Amazon strategy and effectively grow Amazon sales in key markets
· Target new independent and national retailers across the UK and Ireland in the baby and gift sectors
· Annually review and renew distributor contracts
· Analyse and monitor global markets to identify and develop new market opportunities.
· Agree forecasts, Monitor, record, analyse and report on export activities
· Ensure compliance and understanding of country specific importation legislation
· Work with Marketing Manager to carry out market research activity in chosen export markets to review retail trends and routes to market and identify key in market brand collaborations
· Adopt, and create internal systems and processes to support the export business and its future growth.
· Work with the Marketing Manager to plan communication to Distributors
· Attendance at 2 consumer and 3 trade shows annually
· Travel within the UK and overseas required
· Previous international sales experience in the retail/baby sector with potential China and USA retail experience
· Knowledge of international logistics including shipping and customs clearance, including documentation and import duties.
· Energetic and enthusiastic team player
· Self-driven and motivated
· Commercial & results orientated
· Professional and personal credibility
· Good communicator
· Languages would be preferred but not essential
· IT proficient
What do we offer?
· Huge opportunity to make to make a difference
· Friendly supportive team within a dynamic growing company
· Company pension and bonus scheme
· Staff discount
· Free parking
Cheeky Chompers provides innovative baby products that help parents and gift buyers across the World. The business was launched six years ago and is now a multi-award winning internationally recognised brand, with a strong and established distribution network in the UK and globally. We now have a range of 10 products,with 2 new products launching in January, which are available in a number of independent and national stores across the UK and in 49 global markets.
It’s an exciting time at our Edinburgh HQ, having recently secured investment capital through our recent crowdfunding campaign, we are ready to take the company to the next level.
This position is based from our office in the Midlothian Innovation Centre just outside of Edinburgh in Roslin, EH25 9RE
Salary to be advised on application
Please send your application and current CV to Julie & Amy
- Bonus scheme
Reference ID: BDM CC
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- business development: 5 years (Required)