Rainbow Designs Ltd, The Home of Classic Characters specialise in the production, marketing and distribution of children’s character soft toys and baby infant products. We have developed a reputation as licensing specialists with evergreen properties such as Peter Rabbit, Paddington, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Guess How Much I Love you, Peppa Pig, Thomas and Friends and Disney Classic Winnie the Pooh and Disney Baby. We love what we do and take great pride and joy in making and delivering high quality products, collaborating with our retailing partners on special projects and generally bringing joy to children and parents alike.
This is a new position being created in the business so it provides an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to come in and stamp their own mark on the role.
Reporting to the Managing the Director (who also covers the function of Marketing Director) the role will be based out of the Hammersmith office. Your prime responsibility will be for supporting the MD in the management, custody and development of the Company’s valuable brands. In this role you will:-
- Develop, plan and implement Brand Plans in line with Company Strategy and the defined Brand Strategies and Gross Margin requirements.
- Under direction of the MD as appropriate and working closely with the Product Development and Sales Teams, formulate, develop and implement effective Range Plans .
- Monitor and prepare Monthly and Quarterly Brand Performance reports and Brand Business Plan review meetings.
- Together with the Managing Director assist in the creation, development and implementation of appropriate A&P and PR plans.
- Assist the MD and Sales Director in the coordination of the Licensing function within the business, including regular and routine liaison with the Brand Owner Marketing Teams in the coordination of Brand, Promotional and Retail activities around the Brand and internal dissemination of information. Assist in the preparation of regular company brand updates and presentations and in the formulation of new Licence pitches and renewals as required.
- Together with the MD manage the Trade, Digital and Social Media Marketing functions of the business working closely with all relevant internal personnel and departments, and build and maintain necessary relationships with external customers, agencies and suppliers.
- Work closely with the Sales Director and Sales Team in the formulation, preparation and implementation of appropriate Brand Marketing, Product and Sales support plans and presentations.
- Work closely with the Product Development Manager and Team and assist in the formulation of product, packaging and creative briefs appropriate to Brand Plans.
- Together with the Sales Director, develop and coordinate direct Retailer Brand Support programmes and activity where required.
- Organise, manage and coordinate all company Trade Shows, Catalogues and Events including Sales Conferences
- Create Brand Merchandising Solutions, POS and Support Materials.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Brand elements of the Company Website/Online Strategy.
- Build, manage and communicate Company’s Market Intelligence – competitors and industry trends and coordinate and manage market research as necessary.
- Attend Brand Events and Conferences, coordinate and disseminate relevant joint initiatives and information internally and externally.
- Working with the MD you will prepare, support and implement expenditure budgets and plans for:-
- Catalogue & Literature
- Digital Online & Social Media
- Brand related Merchandising Support Activity (excl Individual Retailer Support)
- Trade Shows and Events
- Trade Advertising and PR
- Travel & Subsistence
This role is ideally suited to someone with 2 – 3 years product brand, marketing or retail experience and is ready to step up to the next level.
- Articulate and communicative individual, ideally with 3 years Brand or Marketing experience earned in the Toy, Baby and Nursery or Gift Industry sectors.
- Numerate , analytical and with proven and in depth MS Powerpoint, Excel, and Word Skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and passionate about working within the industry and for the company and its brands.
- Well organised and an ability to plan own work , manage and prioritise multiple brands and projects and deliver to standards and deadlines.
- Proven and demonstrable communication and presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative and able to work across funtions and teams, and with a variety of external audiences and build positive relationships.
- Online and Social Media Marketing experience would be an an advantage.
- A natural team player able to work closely and effectively with the Sales, Product Development, and Management Teams and with the confidence and ability to work under own initiative.
- This is a fast paced exciting role. To succeed you will need to be flexible, adaptable to change and willing to put in the effort, creativity and thinking agility required.
If you believe you have what it takes to be a Rainbow Designs Brand Manager then we would love to hear from you. Please supply an up to date copy of your CV which should be on 2 pages and clearly highlight your Role Responsibilities, Key Achievements and Skill Sets to:-
Please note ALL applications are being channelled through our external recruitment agency and we will not accept any direct applications or any other agency approaches.