The inaugural digital preview for Harrogate International Nursery Fair, which took place online from Monday 22 – Tuesday 23 June, has been widely hailed as a success which succeeded in its aim of ‘bringing the industry closer’, thanks to an array of live talks, product demonstrations and even a virtual awards ceremony.
The event, which was held in partnership with Nursery Online, was the first of its kind and was organised in just three weeks. Over 20 exhibitors took advantage of the opportunity to showcase their latest lines, including brands like Invictus, Shnuggle, Cybex, Didofy, Ark, ErgoBaby, Hardenberg, Halilit and Silver Cross.
“We are over the moon with how the show was recieved by the industry,” said Nursery Online’s Kerry Haynes. “We wanted to create somewhere that brands and retailers could come together in one place to find out about the latest products and new ways to help their business through these strange times.”
“We would like to thank everyone who has been involved,” she continued. “With everyone from brands, distributors, PRs and other trade media all working together we were able to unite the industry and it’s been an incredibly positive experience for all of us. We’ve also learnt a lot!”
If you didn’t manage to visit the show earlier this week, all information, ‘stands’ and live demos will remain available on the digital show platform until the end of August.
The winners of the Nursery Online Trade Awards were also announced during the official show ‘after-party’ which took place on Monday evening. Retailers, brands and sponsors (including Progressive Preschool) came together for the announcements and some post-awards networking.
The winners included:
- Best pushchair/travel system – Inglesina Aptica System Quattro
- Best car seat/travel item – Maxi-Cosi Coral
- Best nursery/sleep product sponsored by B Baby- SNUZ Snuzpod3
- Best eco-friendly product sponsored by Bump PR – Mama Designs for their washable Maternity Pads
- Best accessory – Zed by Rockit
- Best mealtime product sponsored by Weaning Week – Bibetta Wipeezee range
- Best small retailer sponsored by Didofy – Annette’s Pram Shop
- Best medium-sized retailer sponsored by Venicci – Natural Baby Shower
- Digital excellence retailer award – sponsored by Hardenberg & Co /Angelcare UK – Pushchair Expert
- Best community retailer award sponsored by Venicci – Natural Baby Shower
- Outstanding contribution to the community during the COVID-19 crisis sponsored by Silver Cross – Sam and Shaun from Snuz
- Best new product/innovation sponsored by Progressive Preschool – Maxi Cosi Coral with Family Fix base
- Best digital brand/company campaign sponsored by The Media Snug – The Mamas & Papas Never Underestimate The Power Of Community campaign.